Two Day Taupo Point Overnighter
Taupo Point was nominated the most beautiful beach in the Abel Tasman - we also think it’s the most romantic…
This trip gives a taste of everything Abel Tasman National Park has to offer. If you only have 2 days it’s a great short trip option.
• A leisurely paddling experience
• A good option for those that have had a little experience, looking for an Abel Tasman experience but don’t feel they need to be too adventurous.
• Wildlife galore including seals, birds, stingrays
• A special sunset experience
• A historic Maori pa site and home to New Zealand's oldest maritime structure, an ancient waka boat ramp.
• Overnight camping far from the madding crowds
• One of the most beautiful beaches in the Abel Tasman National Park
• Camping is amongst Kanuka trees or on the beach. No fires are permitted.
• There is no running water
• There are toilet facilities
• Absolutely NO fires
• This is an independent kayak hire in the Abel Tasman National Park.
A weather dependent option is to land at Whawharangi and visit the historic Homestead. Then walk out to the spectacular Separation Point, this is where the waters of Golden Bay and Tasman Bay meet. There is also a seal colony out here where you can watch them play for hours!
TWO DAY TAUPO POINT OVERNIGHT
FINISH: 4.30pm following day
PRICE PER PERSON $160
• Camping equipment (hire available)
• Clothing suitable for kayaking
• Waterproof jacket
• Warm clothing
• Snacks and plenty of water
• Plenty of good food
• First aid kit
• Bring large plastic bags suitable for keeping equipment dry
• A comprehensive Safety Briefing
• Lifejackets and paddling equipment (including a spare paddle)
• Maps and flare
• A dry bag
PLAN YOUR TRIP
• Takaka – 25min
• Motueka – 1hr
• Nelson – 1.5hr