Sit-on-Top Kayak Hire
For a minimum of 2 people - enjoy the quiet Northern gateway to Abel Tasman National Park
Our Sit-on-Top kayaks are hired out for 2 hour time slots.
They are stable and easy to paddle, you will get a wet bottom.
They are also suitable for children or child-adult combinations. We have doubles and singles of different sizes for adults and children.
Sit-on-Tops can be used to visit other beaches or estuaries (e.g. Totaranui) for day or multi day hire.
Hire is weather dependent.
We also offer Multi-Day Freedom Hire.
PRICE PER PERSON
From $45 - 2 hour minimum hire
• Bottled water
• Warm/windproof jacket - merino or fleece
• Food and Water plus suncream
• Hat and light clothing that can get wet - NO JEANS
• Safety briefing
• Life Jackets and paddling equipment
• Flare and spare paddle
• 2 or more people
• Family groups
• Wanting a fun family experience on the water
WHAT COULD I SEE?
• Seals and other mammalian friends
• It’s a birdwatching paradise!
• Archways and rock formations
MAKE THE MOST OF IT
Mornings are best here, the afternoons can be windy.
PLAN YOUR TRIP
• Takaka - 25 mins
• Motueka - 1 hour
• Nelson - 2 hours