Multi-Day Freedom Hire
Abel Tasman is a haven for explorers - ‘far from the madding crowd’, you’ll see nature at her best.
In 1642 Abel Janszoon Tasman dropped anchor off Taupo Point, he named it Murderers Bay. Now, Golden Bay is a haven for explorers of a different kind. It’s an experience for those wishing to see the Abel Tasman the way it was, no ‘madding crowds’, just nature at its best.
Leaving from Tata Beach enables you to experience the magical northern end of the Abel Tasman National Park and beyond.
We are the only sea kayak operator that gives you the opportunity to paddle the full length of the Abel Tasman National Park with the wind at your back to finish at either Totaranui or Marahau.
You are responsible for your own safety and our equipment during the rental period. Sea kayaking has associated risks. Our requirements are:
• Minimum number of two people
• You need to be water confident and have had kayaking experience
• And, be happy and comfortable in the outdoors, be able to read a map and look after yourself in the elements
MULTI- DAY FREEDOM
PRICE PER PERSON From $40 per day single sit-on-top / $150 per day double kayak
• Camping equipment (hire available)
• Clothing suitable for kayaking
• Waterproof jacket
• Warm clothing
• Snacks and water
• Plenty of good food
• First aid kit
• Bring large plastic bags suitable for keeping equipment dry
• A comprehensive Safety Briefing
• Lifejackets and paddling equipment (including a spare paddle).
• Maps and flare
• A dry bag
PLAN YOUR TRIP
• Takaka – 25min
• Motueka – 1hr
• Nelson – 1.5hr